Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Week 9

October 24, 2014

We did it - we reached the end of the first grading period! The children have worked very hard; I am so proud of them!
We started the week with our field trip to the library and ended with PJ Day! In between we worked with letters /p/ and /j/, added to our sight word list by learning 'my', 'gray', 'white' and 'pink'. We continued working in our tree unit and in math, are continuing with number comparison and number order. Each week, we spend some time with the writing process. We work on writing conventions, such as starting sentences with a capital letter, using spaces between words and ending with a period or question mark. And we work on spelling - using sounds to write words. As this stage, the children are are asked to stretch out sounds and write the ones they hear. The children are doing a nice job with this. One writing project involved footprints. The children had their feet painted white and printed on an orange pumpkin. When we turned the footprints over - they looked like ghosts! We added the words, "Trick or Treat, See my feet, This is what I like to eat" and the children tried to sound out their favorite candy. It was really cute - wish I had taken a picture! But I have included some pictures from our field trip and PJ Day. Enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment